Clear all

Reinstall Windows

5 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest
Topic starter  

I have a Byte3 and need to reimage.  When I go to download the Win image file on your site it says it is Windows Home.  Pro came with my Byte3.  How do I get that?  Thanks.

Also any instruction on how to create a bootable USB to reimage?

(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

In order to reimage your Byte3 please follow these steps listed below: 

1 - Download the correct factory restore media file from our repo for your device.
Firefox, Edge, and Chrome no longer allow direct access to FTP directories. You would now need to use an FTP client like FileZilla to access our FTP: ftp.Azulletech.com

Alternatively you may try our Google Drive mirror:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10n35edu9JvSrnTferKMflJ7ZSf4OuDWT?usp=sharing

2 - Format your USB drive to NTFS (Right click on the USB drive, select Format, change drop down selection to NTFS)

3 - Extract the recovery package then copy all of the files to the USB drive.

4 - Insert the USB on one of the ports, and boot from it. In order to do that start tapping the F7 key as the device is powering on, and select your USB drive from the list.

5 - The system will apply the image and once complete it will present a desktop with a window that says 'Sysprep' - leave all settings as is and click Ok/Yes.

6 - Wait for the process to finish, and power on the system to be met with a fresh installation of Windows

You can watch this video from the Factory restore for the Quantum units as a visual aide, the only difference in the process is that we now format to NTFS instead of FAT32:

https://youtu.be/LJXGXiBpsVs
Note: The video states to format to FAT32, this has now changed to NTFS due to Windows' size increases.

Use F7 while the unit is powering on to enter the One Time Boot Menu and boot from your USB. The Default BIOS password is 0000 (if present)

Also please be aware that this process will wipe out your hard drive, make sure that you have your system backed up if you want to keep your files.

Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concern.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Anonymous

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

@colbirain When trying your Home and PRO image, the process stops and displays a message suggesting that there is no "WIM" file it can find, how can I fix this?

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

@itsupportrpsup Is there a specific error number appearing if so can you tell me it.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

I was able to get it working once I reformatted the USB and did a new download of the image.

Thank you!

ReplyQuote
Share:
acces4-menu-img

Access4

byte4-menu-img

Byte

byte4-elite-menu-img

Byte Elite

acces4-menu-img

Ally

A black webcam on a white background.