Boot Access stick f...

Notifications
Clear all

Boot Access stick from micro-SD card or USB?

10 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
 ftz
(@ftz)
Topic starter  

Hello,

How do I get the Access stick to boot from the built-in Micro-SD slot or from an external USB attached via a mini USB hub? No boot menu will show up while trying any of the F keys during bootup. Using the Windows troubleshooting menu to attempt to boot from a removable device or from CD/DVD drive finds nothing and just boots normally. My bootable media works on other PC's. 

Do I need a BIOS update? 

I do not want to learn how to set up a PXE server just so I can boot this thing.

Hardware: Quantum Access Mode A-1054-QALAN

ftz
(@ftz)
Topic starter  

Hi, by further web searches and more tinkering I found a partial solution to my quest:

F7 does bring up a boot menu.  Boot to the EFI shell, then you can run a boot manager from the appropriate device via the EFI shell.

The stick will NOT support legacy boot and has only a 32 bit EFI built into BIOS.  Therefore one can not install a 64bit OS even though the chipset is a 64 bit chipset.

So, is there an update BIOS available? If so, where?

ReplyQuote
(@5dmin)
Member Admin

Hello, we do have a BIOS package that will allow a 64bit Linux OS to boot from the device, unfortunately it is not meant for Windows. If this is okay, I we can DM you a download link. Please understand only Linux x64 is supported with this BIOS package.

ReplyQuote
 ftz
(@ftz)
Topic starter  

@support Hello! Yes, please dm the 64bit BIOS for Linux, as well as the current 32BIT EFI bios (in case I wish to recover), plus instructions on how to install these. Thank you!

ReplyQuote
(@cetech)

@support Is there a BIOS package for 64bit Linux available for the Quantum Byte also? I would like to test Linux on it, if possible.

ReplyQuote
(@5dmin)
Member Admin

Hello @gjgeary!!! You don't need to update the Access Plus Bios just change some settings:

Within the BIOS -> Advanced Tab -> OS/BOM Configuration -> ISP PCI Device Selection-> Set it to B0D2F0 for Windows, B0D3F0 for Linux

ReplyQuote
 ftz
(@ftz)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @support

Within the BIOS -> Advanced Tab -> OS/BOM Configuration -> ISP PCI Device Selection-> Set it to B0D2F0 for Windows, B0D3F0 for Linux

Hi,

I was able to do this and save the change, but boot menu did not change (attached image file) and still would not let me select an external USB from which to boot. So, I booted windows, went into advanced startup, and told windows to restart from external USB device on which I have Linux. It still didn't find it. After about 30 seconds, windows restarted. So, back to my original question: How do I get the stick to boot from a legacy USB at all? 

BTW, still waiting for the link to the BIOs upgrade.

ReplyQuote
(@mbok010101)

@ftz aghahhahahah hahahah

ReplyQuote
(@mbok010101)

@ftz xixixixixixi ghahaha

ReplyQuote
(@mbok010101)

@5dmin i think so

ReplyQuote
Share:
acces4-menu-img