Clear all

[Sticky] Factory Restoring Your Azulle Device

13 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@victor)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

1 - Download our factory restore media file from our support page (Links are listed for each device):

https://azulle.com/support/

2 - Prepare a USB drive, has to be formatted as NTFS and named WINPE
3 - Decompress the restore file and copy all files inside the new folder to the root of the USB drive.
4 - Insert the USB on one of the ports, and boot from it. In order to do that start tapping the F7 key repeatedly during power on, this will produce a one time boot menu, from this menu please select your USB device.
5 - Wait that the process finish, reboot the computer and you will be received with the new Windows desktop. At this desktop there will be a window that says "Sysprep", leave all of it's settings as they are, and click Ok on that window. Once it is done you will be able to power your device back on and be greeted with the first time user creation prompts (as if the computer were powered on for the first time ever).

You can watch this video from the Factory restore for the Quantum units as a visual aide:
https://youtu.be/LJXGXiBpsVs
Note: The video states to format to FAT32, this has now changed to NTFS.

Also please be aware that this process will wipe out your hard drive, make sure that you have your system backed up if you want to keep your files.

Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concern.

This topic was modified 4 years ago by Anonymous
This topic was modified 2 years ago 2 times by Anonymous

(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

How do I factory restore an Azulle Access 3 with Ubuntu? Can I use the Ubuntu ISO under the 'Access Plus' directory on the FTP site?

ReplyQuote
(@5dmin)
Member Admin

For the Access3 I would suggest you use the official Ubuntu ISO, version 20.04 should work just fine without any additional software/changes.

You may want to first go into the BIOS and change the OS Selection option to Intel/Linux.

BIOS -> Chipset -> Common -> OS Selection

Just download the ISO from Ubuntu's website, and use https://Rufus.ie to write to USB. Connect USB and use the F7 key to enter the One Time Boot Menu (use 0000 if prompted for password), and follow the normal setup prompts.

This post was modified 3 years ago by Anonymous

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

I have restored my Azulle Quantum with the Windows 10 Pro 32-bit image from the Azulle FTP site, but now Windows isn't activated.  How do I get an activation code?

ReplyQuote
(@5dmin)
Member Admin

You can use the command terminal to pull the product key stored in the BIOS just click start and enter CMD then open the command terminal and enter:
wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey

The command is case sensitive

Then copy/paste the product key to the 'Change product key' link in the Windows Activation panel.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

Hi! I have on old Azulle Quantum Access PC Stick from back 2016 (the one with no RJ45) and with the latest win 10 update I cannot find or reinstall the Intel graphics drivers (the device disappeared from the device manger all together, it not longer shows "display adapters" ... ). When I try to install the drivers directly downloaded from intel's page the installation fails as there "is no device" to be installed to... very strange. The thing is that win10 works, no issues on device manager (setting aside there is no display adapters..) but the computer is completely unusable for video playback... (I suspect this is happening as there is no display adapter with the correct drivers to do it properly). Long story short, I decided to reset it to factory settings. I've followed this guide but.... when I try to unzip "Quantum Access Restore.zip" the file is corrupted. Tried with different zips from the ftp with no problems, but this particular has something to it. Is it possible that that particular files is bad? Thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@5dmin)
Member Admin

I would suggest re-downloading the file, and using a tool like 7z to unzip it. I have downloaded and confirmed the file extract fine with Windows' native tool, as well as 7z.

However you will find that when updating to the newest 'optional' Windows version updates, some drivers may not work correctly.

Thanks

This post was modified 3 years ago by Anonymous

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

Hello,

I am trying to factory reset an Access3 using the FTP provided recovery files.  Formatted NTFS, renamed device, extracted files with 7zip, etc.... the script runs but fails at the Deployment Image Servicing and Management Tool step.  It says "Applying image" and does not move at "1.0%".  The CLI prompt will stick at this for about 5 minutes or so and then reboot over and over and over into the exact same CLI boot running the same script that was originally run.

Any help?

ReplyQuote
(@5dmin)
Member Admin

It sounds like the device may be failing due to a hardware failure, but I would first test with a different recovery package just in case.

https://data.azulle.com/s/bwNzJQwYYGRsqej    This package will install Windows 10 Pro version 2004.

This post was modified 2 years ago by Anonymous

ReplyQuote
(@kcrosson)

I'm trying to factory reset an Azulle Access4 for use with Zoom Digital Signage, but when I try to download the restore file I get redirected to a FTP site where anonymous credentials don't work. I followed the last link in this thread from Support and was able to get an unactivated Windows 10 Pro 2004 loaded, but none of the customizations for Zoom are coming across in the image.

ftp://ftp.azulletech.com/Recovery/2004/Win10Pro2004.zip

The Azulle Access4 shipped with Windows 10 LTSC 2019, but the recovery file on your website is Windows 10 Pro 2004. How can I factory reset the Access4 with the same LTSC OS, activate that OS and have Zoom user autologin and launch Zoom Rooms application without me configuring those automation steps.

ReplyQuote
(@5dmin)
Member Admin

Hello kcrosson, 

The recovery package for the Zoom configuration can be requested at our support inbox: support@azulle.com  - However I can share the original installation media for your OS: https://data.azulle.com/s/YRnGgxnri7XkPgQ   (Write to USB using a tool like Rufus, boot from USB)

We are unable to make the Zoom preconfigured package publicly available at this time.

Thanks,

Azulle Team

This post was modified 2 years ago by Anonymous

ReplyQuote
(@5dmin)
Member Admin

Thank you for letting us know @farrocha, we have updated the links, you should be able to follow the same instructions now. m

Please do let us know if you have any further issues.

ReplyQuote
(@herbal77)

im trying to factory reset my QA pc STick - but can not find the factory restore file - the link takes you back to the instructions

i only see files for quantum access plus 3 4

ReplyQuote
Share:
acces4-menu-img

Access4

byte4-menu-img

Byte

byte4-elite-menu-img

Byte Elite

acces4-menu-img

Ally

A black webcam on a white background.